The Alliance Française de Glasgow offers French courses for children aged between 3 and 17 years old.
Information on our classes from september 2018 will be available in August.
Our sessions of children’s classes in 2017/2018 will be running as follows :
Semester 1 : Monday 11th September 2017 to Saturday 27th January 2018
Semester 1 at Bearsden Primary School : Tuesday 12th September 2017 to Tuesday 23rd January 2018
25-Week Exam Support Classes : Monday 11th September 2017 to Thursday 29th March 2018
Semester 2 : Friday 2nd February to Saturday 9th June 2018
Semester 2 at Bearsden Primary School : Tuesday 6th February to Tuesday 12th June 2018
There will be no classes during the following breaks:
October Break : Monday 16th to Saturday 21st October 2017 included.
Christmas Break : Monday 18th December 2017 to Sunday 6th January 2018 included.
Enrolment Break : Monday 29th January to Thursday 1st February 2018 included => Please note his break does not apply to pupils enrolled in a 25-Week Exam Support Class
Spring Break : Friday 30th March to Saturday 14th April 2018 included
Please note that classes which fall on a bank holiday/mid-term break will be rescheduled as follows:
*Tuesday 13th February (Bearsden Primary School) ==> Tuesday 12th June
**Saturday 26th May (Playgroup) ==> Saturday 16th June
Playgroup on Saturday morning (3-5 year-olds):
- 1 semester (16 weeks): £204 / conc. £194
- 2 semesters (32 weeks, September to June only): £396 / conc. £386
- Learning materials: £10 for the yea
Children’s classes on Tuesday/Wednesday afternoon ( P2-S3 :
- 1 semester (16 weeks): £106/ conc. £101
- 2 semesters (32 weeks, September to June only): £202 / conc. £192
- Learning materials: £10 for the year
Exam Support Classes (Nat. 5, Higher & Adv. Higher):
- 25 weeks (September to late March): £167 / conc . £157
- Learning materials: £10 for the year
At the Alliance Française Glasgow, it is never too early to start learning French! We provide our younger learners with the opportunity to learn French through a stimulating program, teaching children to communicate in French through games, songs and diverse hands-on activities. Students are divided into groups according to their age.
Our teachers are all native speakers who are qualified to teach French as a foreign language and are all part of the PVG Scheme.
- Aimed at children aged between 3 and 6, the Playgroup on Saturday morning will introduce your child to the French language through games, songs, stories and various activities.
- Classes for children aged 6-14: we give children the opportunity to speak French as much as possible, so as to expand their vocabulary and extend their language skills to include reading and writing in French. Small class size (maximum 12-14 pupils) ensures that each child receives maximum individual attention. Classes are conducted entirely in French: our communicative approach ensures that every child is given ample opportunity to actually speak French.
Through the use of various learning materials as well as lively and stimulating activities (role-play, songs, arts & crafts, board games and team projects) suited to the different age groups, children build up a broad and lasting knowledge of the French language.
Our teachers are all native French speakers and experienced in working with children.
Our Children’s classes as well as the Playgroup run between September and June. You can enrol your child for one Semester (16 weeks), or two Semesters (32 weeks).
Secondary Schools Pupils:
Our 25-week Exam Support Classes between September and March/April are available for secondary schools pupils who will be sitting their National 5 (formerly known as Standard Grade/Intermediate 2), Higher or Advanced Higher French exams at the end of the academic year and who need extra support with their listening, speaking, reading and writing skills.
We also offer semi-intensive revision courses in February and over the Spring holidays for pupils who are sitting their French examinations (see details below).
These classes offer pupils:
- The opportunity to study French with qualified native French teachers who place an emphasis on oral work and pronunciation.
- A specially designed curriculum suited to their age group,
- Small groups in order to focus on communication as much as possible
Complimentary AF Membership
Your child will automatically receive a complimentary one-year Library Membership when they register for a French class at the Alliance Française Glasgow. Don’t forget to pick up your membership card from the Library, which is located in the basement!
For more information about our classes, please do not hesitate to contact us on 0141 331 4080.